To build a great business, companies need a purpose — one that transcends the traditional bottom line. People want to be passionate about their work, and they want to be surrounded by others who feel the same. But how can managers actually foster passion?
Here are five ways:
- Let people show their emotions. If you ask your people to check their emotions at the door, you can’t tap into their passion.
- Hire passionate people. One way to get passionate people into your organization is to incentivize current employees to refer people they want to work with.
- Fan the flames. Find plenty of ways to celebrate joint accomplishments.
- Don’t stifle your rock stars. Give your people the autonomy to do the work that interests them most.
- Share context. Connect job functions to the organization’s broader mission, and remind people why they do what they do.
Shared by Trevor Lee